We can not ship to canada but can ship to a U.S. airport near the border.
About Shipping.........(Via the airlines)
#1 QUESTION: Does it traumatize puppies to be shipped on a plane?
Short answer: No
We do ship puppies: However, it is a process which takes time, planning, and careful organization. We have VERY limited airline options here in MT. actually we are down to two (sometimes 3) airlines that ship pets from our airport. Two of those three does not ship very many places.
I am willing to ship puppies but only if you help me out by following these simple rules.
Rule # 1) "I" need to choose the shipping date. Typically this date will be on or just after the puppies' 8 week birthday. I wait to book flights until 1 week prior to shipping. This is mostly due to the fact that airline flights change regularly, and most airlines will only book flights 1-2 weeks prior to shipping date. IF YOU REFUSE THIS DATE YOU WILL BE CHARGED A $100 MINIMUM FEE TO SHIP ON ANOTHER DAY! If I do not hear from you within 3 days of your missed payment and contract deadline, you will forfeit your puppy!
Example: payment including shipping is due 4/1. I do not hear from you (no payment, no contract) and it is now 4/4....you no longer have a puppy reserved with us and you lost your deposit.
Rule # 2) I Choose the flight. (please do not go searching for flights and send me recommendations. This is typically NOT helpful even if you may think it is) I NEED AT LEAST 2 major airports in your area. Look up to 3 hours from your home and be willing to make the drive if nessesary. In all fairness, please understand that I live 1.5 hours from the airport. I have to be at the airport 2.5 hours (minimum) prior to departure. So for me to ship on the 6:30 a.m. flight, this requires me to get up at 2:15 a.m. to RUSH around getting puppies out to potty, run, getting kids up, ready to go ect. to leave by 3:00 A.M to arrive at the airport by 4:00 A.M. I really just can not do those early a.m. flights and still take care of all of my other responsibilities here at home.
The 7:30 a.m. flight is not much better.
BEFORE PUTTING YOUR DEPOSIT DOWN, PLEASE COUNT 8 WEEKS FROM YOUR PUPPIES DATE OF BIRTH AND DO NOT MAKE ANY PLANS FOR TRAVEL BETWEEN 1 DAY PRIOR TO HIS 8 WEEK BIRTH DAY AND 2 WEEKS AFTER HIS 8 WEEK BIRTHDAY!!!!
Rule # 3) Payment in full including shipping is due 1 week prior to shipping date.This is ABSOLUTELY nessesary because I have to transfer funds from Pay Pal to my checking account in order to pay for shipping. This takes 2-4 business days.
Rule # 4) Check your email. If you contact me via email, please check your email regularly. Comunication is VERY important! This is often my only way to contact you in case there is a problem.
Rule # 5) Be prepared to promptly email me the proper information when I request it. In addition, please be flexible on airport pick up! An alternate is very nice to have in case things do not go as planed. Not all airlines ship pets, nor do all airports accept pets. We can not just assume yours does or that my carriers will fly into your first choice. Please be flexible!
Rule # 6) It is your responsibility to be sure payment is in on time.
If you can agree to these terms then I can work with you on shipping your puppy.
Shipping ~ How it is done:
1) I will search and book your puppies flight. I have to coordinate flights for several puppies at one time so "I" will do the booking. (Please do not try to help me by searching flights online. This is a waste of time)
2) I will take your puppy to the vet, get its health certificate and get the shipping crate - Pet taxi. (This is yours to keep)
3) I will then take your puppy to the airport, check him in and pay for the flight. Puppies are shipped as cargo. This area is pressurized and is the same temp as the cabin. The temperature restrictions are because of the time it takes to put the puppies on the plane. During that time the puppy will be out and exposed to the elements on one of those luggage carts. The exception is with Alaska and (United) that hand deliver (or use an enclosed van) puppies to the planes.
4) You go and pick up your puppy (typically at the cargo area but CALL the number I provide for specific directions) at the airport.
PUPPIES GOING EAST TYPICALLY ARRIVE BETWEEN 9-11:55 P.M if they are not picked up by a kennel service midway.
PUPPIES GOING WEST TYPICALLY ARRIVE BETWEEN 1-9:30 P.M. usually kennel service is not necessary going West. Puppies going to Alaska can be an exception.
****Shipping Rates******* as of 1/1/2019:
Rates below are for a 100 series kennel (typically 8-11 week old puppy but some older puppies can also ship at these rates) Larger kennels do cost a little more to ship.
Delta no Dash $400 100 series crate no rabies (No longer available until Fall 2019)
American $400 100 series crate no rabies (No longer available until Fall 2019)
Alaska $400 (100 series crate no rabies (Available to WA and OR or other places with overnight boarding)
United "requested" by you: $550
United no other option: $475 100 seris kennel no rabies (due to heat or cold or no other flights to your airports)
United 200-300 series (Older puppy shipping ) with rabies ($525 due to heat or cold or no other flights to your airports)
1) Issues with United: More money , require specialized crates, require way more unnessesary paperwork to be sent in at least 5 days prior to shipping date. If we cancel, we must wait a minimum of 5 more days before we can ship and often we must purchase another health certificate because those only last 10 days. Bottom line: When we have to use them, we do. However, I will avoid them or charge you more if you just "want" that option because you are not wanting to accept other flights available.
2) Issues with Delta: Basically the main issue with Delta is that we can only ship between 20-80 degrees AND they will only allow 1 connection which is not always possible coming from here.
3) We can't ship via American from MT.
4) AK air is great but has limited flights.
Please see exceptions below:
Early a.m. flight (be at airport by 4:00-6 a.m.& we live 1.5 hours from airport) (we no longer offer this service) Paid external shipper required (when available)
OVERNIGHT KENNEL SERVICE: We can sometimes use an overnight kennel service to pick up your puppy 1/2 way on the route and keep it overnight so that you can pick up your puppy earlier in the day following the original shipping date. This will often result in a MUCH nicer "time" of day for pick up. This service ranges between $100-$200 depending on the kennel. Plese let me know if you are interested in this service when you respond to the shipping notice.
EXTERNAL SHIPPER: (when available)
We can sometimes use a shipper to ship on those early a.m. flights for you.
Typical fee for Shipper to Ship early a.m. or extra trip fee is $125